Since 1972, the DGM Expert Committee "Continuous Casting" has brought together experts from foundries in the aluminium and non-ferrous metal industries, the iron and precious metal works for technical-scientific dialog with each other and with plant manufacturers, suppliers and service providers, but also in particular with universities and research institutes. The working groups of the Expert Committee, which are founded on a case-by-case basis, have existed in some cases for decades; they report annually in the plenum of the annual meetings of the Expert Committee.
The regular symposia of the Expert Committee have become a well-known tradition. As in 1976 for the first time and since 1985 regularly every five years, the next "Continuous Casting" Symposium will take place in 2021 with contributions on realized projects, innovative ideas and forward-looking measures. On 8 - 9 June 2021, it will be offered for the first time in the Edwin-Scharff-Haus in Neu-Ulm. Thus, the 2021 symposium will offer the proven platform for technical dialog on material, plant and process issues, on research, training and promotion of young talent, for the first time also a way along the process chain.
The "Continuous Casting 2021" Symposium topics are:
- Results from the work of the working group,
- Contributions from the casting plants (plant and process practice in the casting plants),
- Innovations in plant engineering and suppliers,
- Research reports from the university institutes,
- Measurement technology, digitalization,
- Young talents forum: PhD projects, student theses.