The 7th European Symposium on Biomaterials and Related Areas - BioMAT 2023, 03 - 04 May 2023, being held as a hybrid conference in Weimar (Germany) and online, addresses the growing interest of science and industry in the various aspects of the creation, characterization, testing, and application of biomaterials and closely related areas.
The program of the 7th BioMAT will comprise several invited plenary lectures as well as oral and poster presentations. We look forward to receiving numerous contributions covering the different topics of the conference.
Be part of the 7th European Symposium on Biomaterials and Related Areas - BioMAT 2023 and submit your contribution.
Conrado Aparicio, PhD
UIC Barcelona - Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, ES
"Bioinspired solutions at surfaces and interfaces to prevent transepithelial implant infections"
Anna Mitraki, PhD
University of Crete, GR
"Novel protein and peptide fibrous biomaterials"
Prof. Dr. Meike Stiesch
Hannover Medical School, DE
"Safety integrated implants"
Associate Professor Dipankar Koley
Oregon State University, US
"Electrochemical sensors in biomaterials science"
Contributions from academia and industry are invited for all topics:
A Structure and Properties of Biomaterials
- Bio nano materials
- Bioactive materials, bioglass and calcium phosphates
- Biodegradable materials
- Bioinspired materials / biomimetic materials
- Biological materials and biomineralization
- Computational biomaterials science
- Hydrogels and biobased & synthetic polymers
- Imaging of biomaterials
B Biological Response to Biomaterials
- Biofilms & antimicrobial biomaterials
- Biointerfaces and microenvironments
- Clinical performance and microenvironments
- Multi-functional biomaterials
- Nano particles in biological environments
- Autonomous biomaterials
C Biomaterials Applications
- Current and future challenges for the MedTech industry
- Dental materials
- Drug and gene delivery
- Innovations in fabrication including 3D printing / additive manufacturing / biofabrication of biomaterials
- Responsive and smart biomaterials
- Tissue engineering / regenerative medicine
- Materials for ophthalmology
- Biomaterials regulation
Prof. Dr. Klaus D. Jandt
Friedrich Schiller Universität Jena
Chair of the conference
Dr.-Ing. Thomas F. Keller
DESY Hamburg, Deutschland
Vice Chairman of the conference