The presidential duo led skillfully and with a lot of wits through the half-day program, which was on a tight schedule. From annual reports to elections and the announcement of their results to honors, the DGM Day offered a variety of activities for both long-established members and the new generation.
DGM Managing Director Dr. Stefan Klein, in office since August 1, 2020, reported in detail on the past business year 2019, which has a special place in the collective memory due to the 100th-anniversary celebration held in Berlin alone. At the same time, Klein ventured a look ahead into the immediate and long-term future. He explicitly referred to DGM e.V. as well as DGM-Inventum GmbH - but also to the interaction of both parties.
The presidents skillfully led the way through the procedure of the upcoming elections of the 2021-2022 terms of office. The following persons received broad approval and will consequently occupy the DGM board of directors:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martina Zimmermann (TU Dresden) - President
- Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schneider (HS Aalen) - President
- Prof. Dr. Birgit Skrotzki (BAM) - Vice President
- Prof. Dr. Martin Heilmaier (KIT) - Vice President
- Franziska Erdle (WV Metalle e.V.) - Assessor
- Prof. Dr. Thomas Niendorf (University of Kassel) - Spokesman DGM Young Scientists Committee
- PD Dr. rer. Nat. Franz Roters (Max Planck Institute for Iron Research GmbH) - Speaker DGM Prize Board II
In connection with this, the DGM would like to thank Prof. Dr.-Ing. Frank Mücklich and Dr.-Ing. Oliver Sven Schauerte for their extraordinary commitment during the past two years, who are now preparing the handover to their successors Prof. Dr.-Ing. Martina Zimmermann and Prof. Dr. Gerhard Schneider on the home stretch of 2020.
In addition to the election of the Presidium/Executive Board, Advisory Board members were re-elected for the 2021-2024 term of office. All candidates received a positive response and will continue their work in this important DGM committee.
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Horst Biermann (TU Bergakademie Freiberg)
- Dr.-Ing. Peter Dahlmann (consultant of the Steel Institute VDEh)
- Annika Gambke (Textile Research Institute Thuringia-Vogtland e.V.)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans Jürgen Maier (Leibniz University Hanover)
- Christoph Mikulla (German Aerospace Center)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Rodolfo Schöneburg (Daimler AG)
- Dr. Klaus Vieregge (Hydro Aluminium Rolled Products GmbH)
More a confirmation than an election was the appointment of the future auditors. The German Materials Society can rely on a well-rehearsed duo, which is characterized by its conscientious and objective work, also in the future.
- Uwe Weiß (Heraeus Germany GmbH & Co. KG)
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Wielage (TU Chemnitz)
The DGM Day came to a truly festive close - including international flair - when the presidents moderated the presentation of the prizes awarded annually by the DGM. The laudators of the honorary members as well as the awarded personalities joined the virtual ceremony. The latter to underline their honor once again in the form of a short acknowledgment.
DGM Honorary Membership:
- Gundula Jeschke (Latvian Association Berlin, laudatory speech)
- Prof. Dr. Bernd Kieback, TU Dresden, laudatory speech)
Heyn commemorative coin:
- Prof. Dr. Gunther Eggeler (Ruhr University Bochum, laudatory speech)
Tammann commemorative coin:
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christos G Aneziris (TU Bergakademie Freiberg, laudatory speech)
- Prof. Dr. Mady Elbahri (Alto University, Espoo, Finland, laudatory speech)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Pohl (Ruhr University Bochum, laudatory speech)
Masing memorial price:
- Dr.-Ing. Andreas Rosenkranz (Universidad de Chile, Santiago de Chile, laudatory speech)
Georg Sachs Prize:
- Dr.-Ing. Anja Waske (Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin, laudatory speech)
DGM Young Talent Award:
- Dr.-Ing. Alexander Vahl (Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, laudatory speech)
- Dr.-Ing. Malte E. Vollmer (University of Kassel, laudatory speech)
- Dr.-Ing. Christoph Zwahr (Dresden, laudatory speech)
Werner Köster Prize:
- Katharina Esleben
- Bronislava Gorr
- Hans-Jürgen Christ
- Christian Pritzel
- Debashis Mukherji
- Joachim Rösler
- Premysl Beran
- Pavel Strunz
- Markus Hoelzel
- Ralph Gilles
... for the article "Effect of Cr and Ni on the microstructural evolution in Co-Re-Cr-Ni alloys” (IJMR, Vol. 110 (2019) issue #12).