The organizers feel a need to serve the European biomaterials community beyond other European and world biomaterials congresses with a compact two-day meeting that brings together fascinating science and inspiring people in a delightful setting. We look forward to receiving numerous contributions covering the different topics of the conference.
Be part of the 7th European Symposium on Biomaterials and Related Areas - BioMAT 2023 and submit your contribution.
There will also be an exhibition at BioMAT 2023. Save your exhibition space now to present your company and your products appropriately at the conference.
All information about the exhibition can be found on BioMAT-Homepage.
Conrado Aparicio, PhD
UIC Barcelona - Universitat Internacional de Catalunya, ES
"Bioinspired solutions at surfaces and interfaces to prevent transepithelial implant infections"
Anna Mitraki, PhD
University of Crete, GR
"Novel protein and peptide fibrous biomaterials"
Prof. Dr. Meike Stiesch
Hannover Medical School, DE
"Safety integrated implants"
Associate Professor Dipankar Koley
Oregon State University, US
"Electrochemical sensors: new tools to study biomaterials"
Contributions from academia and industry are invited for all topics:
- Bio nano materials
- Bioactive materials, bioglass and calcium phosphates
- Biodegradable materials
- Bioinspired materials / biomimetic materials
- Biological materials and biomineralization
- Computational biomaterials science
- Hydrogels and biobased & synthetic polymers
- Imaging of biomaterials
- Biofilms & antimicrobial biomaterials
- Biointerfaces and microenvironments
- Clinical performance and microenvironments
- Multi-functional biomaterials
- Nano particles in biological environments
- Autonomous biomaterials
- Current and future challenges for the MedTech industry
- Dental materials
- Drug and gene delivery
- Innovations in fabrication including 3D printing / additive manufacturing / biofabrication of biomaterials
- Responsive and smart biomaterials
- Tissue engineering / regenerative medicine
- Materials for ophthalmology
- Biomaterials regulation
Prof. Dr. Klaus D. Jandt
Friedrich Schiller University Jena
Chair of the conference
Dr.-Ing. Thomas F. Keller
DESY Hamburg, Germany
Vice Chairman of the conference